The 2019 refreshed Ford Endeavour has very recently launched in India with a price range of Rs. 28.19 lakhs to Rs. 32.97 lakhs (prices, ex-showroom, Delhi). This is the mid-life cycle update of the current 3rd generation model of the Ford Endeavour full-sized premium SUV in India.
The updated Ford Endeavour has been endowed with mild changes and updates, but on the whole, the SUV offers a refreshed appeal.
Let us take a look at all the important things about the 2019 Ford Endeavour facelift:
1. Ford has revised the lineup of the updated Endeavour by doing away with the base trend variant and trimming the lineup to only two variants, namely - Titanium and Titanium+.
2. The exterior styling updates of the Endeavour are minimal updates and include a new thick front grille in chrome finish, a new Diffused Silver in silver finish, restyled front skid plate, wing mirror mounted puddle lamps and a set of newly designed 18 inch alloy wheels.
3. On the inside, the styling updates are bare minimum. The premium SUV continues to get the beige and black dual tone interior along and premium quality materials and soft touch plastics all over. The Endeavour facelift now gets new premium leather upholstery and chrome accent on the automatic gear lever.
4. The features on the 2019 model include a push-button engine start/stop function, a dual zone climate control along with air-con vents for the second and third row passengers, and a centre armrest with cup holders, which come as standard now. The SUV also gets 8-way adjustable power front passenger seat, but it is only for the Titanium+ variant, which also offers a panoramic sunroof.
5. The Ford Endeavour also comes with an 8 inch touchscreen infotainment system with Ford's SYNC3 interface, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support and a 10 speaker music system. The SUV offers a multi-functional steering wheel with voice command and controls for audio, cruise control and more. The same instrument cluster with two MID screens has been also retained.
6. The updated 2019 Endeavour now offers the innovative hands-free power lift tailgate as a standard feature. This features adds to the convenience by opening and closing the tailgate with a simple foot motion below the rear bumper. Thus SUV also gets a semi-auto parallel park assist feature which lets it detect a suitable parking spot and park itself.
7. The Ford Endeavour is high on safety and security features, being a premium SUV. It offers 6 airbags, ABS with EBS, hill launch assist, tyre pressure monitor, Keyless entry with Ford MyKey, rear parking camera and much more as part of its standard package. The top-end Titanium+ variant offers additional safety features including an electrochromic Interior Rear View Mirror (IRVM), a 7th knee airbag with front parking sensors and hill descent control system.
8. Titanium variant gets powered by a 2.2L diesel engine paired with a 6 speed transmission. The top Titanium+ packs in the choice of the 2.2L and a bigger 3.2L oil burner mated to a 6 speed automatic transmission as standard. The 2.2L engine offers 158 bhp and 358 Nm and gets 4x2 drive system, while the 3.2L motor generates 197 bhp and 470 Nm and gets 4x4 option.
9. The updated Endeavour has been priced at Rs. 28.19 lakhs for the Titanium 2.2L variant, at Rs. 30.60 lakhs for the Titanium+ 2.2L variant and at Rs. 32.97 lakhs for the Titanium+ 3.2L 4x4 variant (all prices, ex-showroom Delhi).
10. The 2019 updated Ford Endeavour comes at reduced prices than the pre-facelift model. The Titanium+ trim is now a good Rs. 40,000 more affordable than the previous model, which is a great value proposition.