Honda Cars India drew a lot of limelight at the recently held Auto Expo 2018 with its three new models - the new generation CR-V, the current-gen Civic and the all new Amaze. Out of the three, the new generation Honda Amaze had its world premiere in India at the expo. The popular Honda Amaze which had turned the fate of the Japanese auto major in the Indian mass market for the first time, has now come is a bolder and sharper avatar in its second generation model to recast its spell in the highly competitive Indian market.
The new generation Honda Amaze subcompact sedan will be officially launching in India in the coming months. The first generation Honda Amaze was launched back in 2013, and after about 5 years the all new model will be replacing the ongoing model.
Read on to know about all the important details of the all new Honda Amaze:
1. The second generation Honda Amaze subcompact sedan is an all-new car based on a new advanced platform, unlike the first-gen model which is based on the Brio platform.
2. The new Amaze was developed at Honda's R&D centre in Thailand, but has got major inputs from the Honda’s Indian engineering team.
3. Honda Cars India’s Tapukara plant in Rajasthan will be the global supply hub for the engines of the all new Amaze.
4. The new-gen Amaze gets a stylish and bold new design language which is unlike its predecessor, but takes design inspiration from the new-gen Accord and the WR-V.
5. The new-gen Honda Amaze flaunts a new front face with a long nose, a thick chrome finished radiator grille, new stylish wraparound headlights with integrated LED DRLs, new muscular front bumper with a wide airdam with honeycomb pattern grille and large enclosures for the new round fog lights. Its side profile flaunts nice character lines and 15 inch alloys. The rear facade is also absolutely new with a newly design boot-lid, a muscular bumper with subtle creases and new LED tail lights that look like the upturned version of the ones from the WR-V.
6. The new-gen Amaze is very well proportionate and looks like a proper sedan with a premium appeal. Its rear design is also attractive and doesn’t look odd like the outgoing model.
7. On the inside, the new Amaze is somewhat similar to its predecessor with some changes. However, the overall looks and quality have improved as against the first-gen car’s criticized cabin. The sedan has become feature-rich as well which includes a new 7 inch Digipad touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone integration, navigation and a lot more.
8. Under the hood, the all new Amaze will get the same 1.2L petrol and the 1.5L diesel engine options, but some tweaking is expected to offer better fuel efficiency and perhaps even better power output.
9. Transmission duty will be handled by the 5 speed manual transmission as standard, while the petrol engine gets a CVT automatic transmission option. A diesel automatic might come at a later date.