New Nissan Terra details; comparison with top rivals Fortuner and Endeavour
Japanese auto major Nissan has gone ahead and revealed all the details of its brand new Terra full-sized premium SUV in the Chinese market. The Terra is the first ladder frame based model to have come from Nissan in a long period. The new Nissan Terra will be locking its horns with the likes of the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour (Everest) in global markets.
Here is a look at the various features of the new Nissan Terra 7-seater premium SUV and how it compares with its top rivals – Fortuner and Endeavour:
- The Nissan Terra is based on its popular pickup truck sibling, the Nissan Navara. Fortuner and Endeavour are also based on their respective pick-up truck siblings.
2. The Terra boasts of all LED lighting, meaning LED projector headlights along with LED DRLs and tail lights with LED graphics. Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour also feature the same, but the Endeavour bi-xenon projector headlights.
3. The new Terra boasts of a 7 inch touchscreen infotainment system with a 6 speaker audio system, similar to the Fortuner. Both Terra and Fortuner lacks Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. Endeavour makes things more alluring with an 8 inch display, 10 speaker system with active noise cancellation and both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support. Moreover, there’s an automatic emergency service call system.
4. Terra’s features list includes dual-zone climate control, leather upholstery, powered driver’s seat, keyless entry, push-button engine start/stop, ambient lighting and electric sunroof. The Fortuner offers very similar equipment list excepting the dual-zone climate control and sunroof. The Endeavour, again offers much more with a larger panoramic sunroof, multi-colour option ambient lighting, programmable key (pushbutton start/stop yet to come) and semi-autonomous parking system.
5. When it comes to safety equipments, Terra and Fortuner are braced up with 7 airbags, but Endeavour offers 6 airbags lacking the driver’s knee airbag. All the three large SUVs offer ABS with EBD, brake assist, ESP, traction control, hill launch assist, Isofix child seat anchorage and tyre pressure monitoring system.;
When it comes to the under the hood specifications, the Nissan Terra gets powered by the Navara’s 2.5 litre naturally aspirated petrol mill that offers a max power of 183 PS and a top torque of 251 Nm. The engine gets paired to a 6 speed manual transmission and a 7 speed automatic transmission options. It also gets both rear-wheel drive and all 4 wheel-drive system options just like its rivals.
The Terra is also likely to get the diesel engine from the Navara for other markets. The Navara offers two oil burner choices, namely - 2.3 litre twin-turbocharged and a 2.5 litre units. Both the diesel motors offer 190PS and 450Nm. The diesel version of the Terra should offer similar transmission options as that of the petrol version.
Nissan has already announced that after debuting in China, the new Terra SUV will be launched in the Philippines followed by the Thai car market. Nissan is expected to launch the Terra in India as well, as the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour are highly popular in our market.;
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
An adventurer at heart and introvert by nature, I love to travel, click nature's beauty and beautiful machines on wheels. Art, literature and poetry are also close to my heart.