Honda Cars India is all braced up to launch the refreshed new Jazz premium hatchback on 19th of July, 2018. The current-gen Honda Jazz that was launched in July 2015, will receive its first refresh which will also be its mid-life update. The Honda Jazz fights with the highly popular and segment ruling Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Hyundai Elite i20 in India, and thus, it highly requires a refresh. The Honda Jazz facelift has been already unveiled internationally, but the India-spec model is likely to be a bit different.
Here are the 11 things that we already know about the soon to launch 2018 refreshed Honda Jazz premium hatchback:
1. The updated Honda Jazz was first displayed at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show and it boasts of an array of cosmetic changes both outside and inside, feature updates along with some added new features.
2. In terms of exterior changes, the Jazz facelift will flaunt a refreshed front fascia with its patent winged grille design and headlights, but will get new bolder front bumper design, sharper lines around the air vents along with a red underline highlight, chrome finished door handles and LED tail lights.
3. On the inside, the updated Jazz S trim will get some new features such as front centre armrest, rear parking sensor and speed sensing auto door locks.
4. The mid-spec V variant will offer features like pushbutton start/stop feature, keyless remote entry, cruise control and smart hatch lid lock with a keyless release. The CVT variant will also offer Paddle shifters.
5. The top of the range Jazz VX trim will come with all the bells and whistles. It will get a 7 inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, steering wheel mounted controls.
6. Honda has paid additional attention to safety on the Jazz facelift and it will get front airbags, ABS along with EBD as part of its standard package.
7. Honda has revised the variant list of the Jazz facelift, and there will be only three model trims, namely - S, V, and VX. The S variant will be available only in the diesel version, while the V and VX trims will be offered in both petrol and diesel avatars.
8. The 2018 Honda Jazz facelift will not get any powertrain changes and will get powered by the same 1.2L petrol and 1.5L diesel engine options. The petrol mill generates 89 bhp of peak power along with 110 Nm of top torque. On the other hand, the oil burner pumps out 99 bhp and 200 Nm.
9. The petrol Jazz will get equipped with a 5 speed manual and a CVT automatic transmission gearbox options on both the V and VX variants. The diesel Jazz will get only a 5 speed manual transmission.
10. The updated Jazz hatch would be offered in 5 colour exterior colour choices - Orchid White, Radiant Red, Modern Steel, Lunar Silver and Golden Brown.
11. The 2018 updated Honda Jazz is likely to be in the range of Rs. 6.5 lakhs to Rs. 9 lakhs in India. Bookings are expected to begin this week.