Top 12 things about the brand new Jaguar I-Pace e-SUV
Iconic British luxury car brand Jaguar recently unveiled the highly awaited and talked about I-Pace at the Geneva Motor Show 2018. The Jaguar I-Pace is the brand’s first ever all-electric SUV model, and it has been going through extensive testing in all sorts of weather and terrains. While all Jaguar Land Rover offerings are interesting and appealing, the I-Pace is certainly one of the most fascinating models. The Jaguar I-Pace marks the start of the new-age electric models that will dominate the future international auto industry. It will go up against a bunch luxury EVs like the Mercedes EQ C, Audi e-tron Quattro and the Tesla Model X.
Here are the top 12 facts about the brand new Jaguar I-Pace e-SUV:
1. Jaguar has revealed the price list for the I-Pace in the UK which starts at 58,995 Pounds (approx Rs. 53 lakhs).
2. The I-Pace looks different from other Jaguars, but has been inspired by the E-Pace and F-Pace and the F-Type’s design language, while a hint of C-X75 is also there.
3. The I-Pace looks very close to its original concept, but the production version is a tad narrower and taller, while the wheels are also smaller than the concept’s.
4. The fascinating e-SUV charms the onlookers with a honeycomb-style front grille, slender LED headlamps, a sloping bonnet and beautifully designed alloy wheels.
5. Its rigorous testing included extremes temperatures and terrains, from -40 degrees to 40 degrees celcius and over 1.5 million test miles along with 11,000 hours of rig simulations conducted on over 200 production prototype models.
6. The I-Pace is 4682 mm long and its wheelbase measures at 2990 mm.;
7. The e-SUV offers a massive 665 litres of cargo space.
8. The I-Pace is not touted as a hard-core off-roader, but it is capable of handling some seriously bad road conditions and comes with a wading depth of 500 mm.
9. Its cabin is similar to the Range Rover Velar. The I-Pace gets the same radical dual-screen InControl Touch Pro Duo infotainment system from the Velar. Moreover, the I-Pace’s InControl Remote app comes with an Alexa feature that lets drivers ask the Alexa-enabled devices to tell the I-Pace's charge level. There is also a 4G Wi-Fi hotspot and slots for tablets and laptops beneath the rear seats.
10. The Jaguar I-Pace is based on an all-new aluminium platform. It gets powered by two electric motors and Jaguar's in-house battery technology. The electric motors are mounted on front and rear axle.
11. The e-SUV offers 395 bhp of power and 696 Nm of torque, and around 483 km of range. The I-Pace can do the 0-100kmph sprint in just 4.5 seconds.
12. A 90kWh battery pack juices up the electric motors. It is made up from 432 lithium-ion cells and mounted in the car's floor. The battery pack takes 45 minutes to charge from 0-80 percent with the help of a 100kW rapid charger or 10 hours when using a 7kW AC wallbox.;
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
An adventurer at heart and introvert by nature, I love to travel, click nature's beauty and beautiful machines on wheels. Art, literature and poetry are also close to my heart.