The Honda CR-V SUV is one of the oldest and most popular products from Honda Cars India. When it comes to premium SUVs, the Honda CR-V has been one of the most successful and preferred models in the country. Now, Honda Cars India is getting ready to bring in the new generation model of the CR-V in the country, so that it can fight better in this highly competitive market. The 5th generation Honda CR-V SUV was showcased in India at the Auto Expo 2018, making it evident that the model will be launched in India soon. The Japanese auto giant has already mentioned that it is going to launch 3 cars in India within this year, and the CR-V is going to be a part of it.
Here are 12 things that you need to know about the fifth generation Honda CR-V:
1. The 5th generation Honda CR-V will be officially launched in India in the first quarter of 2019.
2. The new-gen CR-V will be assembled in India. We expect the price to go up a bit, as the customs duty for the CKD kits for vehicles have been recently increased.
3. For the very first time in India, the Honda CR-V will be offered with 3 rows of seating arrangement to accommodate 7 passengers.
4. In order to accommodate a 7-seater layout, the wheelbase of the SUV has been extended and it is evident from the car’s side profile by looking at the extended rear overhangs.
5. The 5th-gen CR-V has come with a bolder and sharper design language that is evolutionary in nature. The SUV looks sleeker than before and gets a more aggressive front fascia. There’s a thick chrome bar stylized grille, new LED headlights and new LED fog lights.
6. The cabin of the new-gen CR-V has become more spacious owing to the extended wheelbase to offer 7 seats. The already plush interior of the SUV has gone to the next level in terms of quality. There’s premium quality upholstery, better panels and improved in-car controls.
7. The is a TFT LCD instrument cluster and a centrally mounted 7 inch touchscreen display along with navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support.
8. The driver’s and front passenger seats come with 4-way power adjustable feature. Other comfort and convenience features include dual-zone climate control system, one-touch power moonroof and much more.
9. Also for the first time in the CR-V will be the diesel motor option. There will be a 1.6 litre diesel engine offering around 157 bhp of power.
10. The petrol version of the CR-V SUV will be getting powered by a 2.4 litre engine which can generate 184 bhp of max power.
11. In India, the new generation Honda CR-V will be rivaling with the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Skoda Kodiaq.
12. The expected price range of the Honda CR-V is from Rs. 26 lakhs to Rs. 30 lakhs.