The all-new Ford Freestyle compact utility vehicle (CUV) is getting all braced up to hit the car market of India on 18th of April, 2018. The pre-launch bookings have already started earlier this month, while the car will also be up on Amazon.in for online booking from 14th April, but it is limited to only 100 units.
Here are the top 9 things that you need to know about the new Ford Freestyle CUV:
1. Although marketed as a CUV by Ford, the Freestyle is basically the crossover version of the Figo hatchback and will go up against the Toyota Etios Cross, Fiat Urban Cross, Maruti Celerio X and the likes.
2. The Ford Freestyle is offered in four variants - Ambiente, Trend, Titanium, and Titanium+, all these are available in both petrol and diesel versions making total 8 variants.
3. The Freestyle petrol introduces the all-new 1.2L, 3-cylinder engine from Ford’s new Dragon series. The 1194cc petrol mill can generate a max power of 95 bhp and 120 Nm of peak torque. The diesel version of the CUV comes powered by the same 1.5L unit that powers the EcoSport mini SUV. The 1498cc 4-cylinder motor offers 99 bhp and 215 Nm. Both the engines come equipped with a 5 speed manual transmission as standard.
4. The Freestyle is bit larger than the Figo hatchback. The Freestyle measures 3954 mm long, 1737 mm wide and 1570 mm tall. However, its wheelbase is tad less measuring 2490 mm, despite offering the same 257 litre boot space.
5. Freestyle flaunts a typical crossover design with a number of black styling elements like a new mesh grille, underbody cladding, bumper inserts, ORVMs, wheel arch cladding, side body cladding. There are also black bezels for the headlights while the roof rails are finished in silver.
6. The Freestyle gets standard halogen headlamps and does not get the popular LED DRLs, which are so common in new cars. The crossover also gets a roof-mounted spoiler with integrated stop lights, LED tail lights and integrated turn signals on the ORVMs. There are front and rear skid plates, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers and rear windshield wiper on offer as well.
7. There is an all-back interior scheme. A floating infotainment display from the EcoSport dominates the dashboard, which offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support and Ford’s SYNC3 connectivity system. It is available on all variants excepting the base Ambiente.
8. Other features include keyless entry, two 12V power chargers, all 4 power windows, one touch up and down function for driver’s side window, push-button start, day/night IRVMs, height adjustable driver seat, Ford MyKey and automatic climate control.
9. The Ford Freestyle’s safety package includes dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, engine immobilizer, 3 point seatbelts and rear parking sensors as standard across all variants. The top-end model offers total 6 airbags. There’s also an Active Rollover Prevention system on the top trims, while rearview camera is offered on all trims except the base model Ambiente.