India’s top selling luxury car manufacturing company, Mercedes-Benz is known for its slew of new model launches every year for a few years now. The German luxury auto giant has already started its aggressive launch strategy in 2018 as well. Mercedes has recently launched its flagship sedan model - the Mercedes-Benz S-Class facelift. The new 2018 S-Class facelift was displayed at the 2018 Auto Expo in early February and then launched officially in the Indian market on 26th of February.
The new S-Class facelift comes with an array of changes, new added features as well as new powertrains, making it a comprehensive update.
Here's a look at the top 10 things that you need to know about the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class facelift:
1. First things first, the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class 350 d is the first BSVI (Bharat Stage VI) compliant India made car in the country. The state-of-the-art BSVI diesel engine came two years before the implementation date set by the Indian government. The engine can also run on the currently available BSIV fuel.
2. The S-Class flagship model is locally manufactured at the company’s Chakan facility in Pune, which is the only facility outside Europe that manufactures the model.
3. In terms of exterior updates, the new 2018 S-Class gets new headlights, new tail lights, new front and rear bumpers and also newly designed alloy wheels.
4. On the inside, the cabin design gets retained. There are two new large 12.3 inch high definition displays which make up the infotainment and central command systems. The S-Class also comes with new wooden trim options and premium leather upholstery options for the seats as well as the side panels to choose from.
5. The new updated 2018 S-Class gets seats with the new added fragrance function along with the already available bunch of luxury features such as obvious cooled, heated, ventilated and massaging options.
6. The updated S-Class facelift is available for sale in both petrol and diesel choices. The OM 656 engine powered S 350 d is the most powerful passenger diesel car that has been offered by Mercedes-Benz India. This inline-six cylinder engine has the capability to offer a max power output of 282 bhp along with a top torque of 600 Nm. The car can do a sprint of 0-100 kmph in just 6 seconds.
7. The S 450 petrol version comes powered by a twin turbocharged intercooled petrol mill that generates a max 362 bhp of power and 500 Nm of top torque. The petrol avatar is even faster and does the 0-100 kmph run in only 5.1 seconds. It offers a top speed of 250 kmph.
8. The S-Class facelift offers optional safety packages that include a new radar-based driving assistance system that reduces the risk of accidents and improves the protection of occupants and also the other road users, besides reducing driving related stress.
9. The new updated Mercedes-Benz S-Class petrol has been priced at Rs. 1.37 crore, while the S-Class diesel is tagged at Rs. 1.33 crore (ex-showroom India).
10. The updated S-Class rivals the likes of the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series and Jaguar XJ.