Hyundai Venue Pros & Cons
Check out pros and cons about the Hyundai Venue that are worth highlighting for a potential buyer. Here are some of the highlights of the benefits of buying the Hyundai Venue. We’ll also list out the Venue drawbacks to help you make an informed buying decision.
- Choice Of 3 Powertrain Options : Hyundai offer the Venue with three powertrain options — 1.2L normal petrol, 1.0L turbo petrol and 1.5L turbo diesel. While the 1.2L normal petrol and 1.5L turbo diesel engines come with manual transmissions only, the 1.0L turbo petrol gets the choice of a a 6-speed auto-clutch manual transmission (ACMT) or a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT).
- 1.2L Normal Petrol Now Available With SX : In the pre-facelift Venue, the 1.2L normal petrol engine was only on offer with the lower variants. In the Venue facelift, however, Hyundai offer the 1.2L normal petrol engine in the SX variant, which gets a good mixture of features. These features include an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless phone charger, auto AC, keyless entry with push-button start/stop and a sunroof.
- Loaded With Features : With the Venue facelift, Hyundai added even more features to one of their best selling SUVs. The new Venue comes with features like keyless entry, auto AC, cruise control, front and rear armrests, power adjustable driver seat, air purifier, ambient lighting, wireless phone charger, puddle lamps and sunroof.
- Good Performance and Fuel Efficiency With The 1.0L Turbo Petrol : The 1.0L turbo petrol engine in the Venue produces 120PS of power at 6000rpm and 172Nm of torque between 1500rpm and 4000rpm. It offers a class-leading power-to-weight ratio of 103.99PS/t. In addition to that, the Venue 1.0L turbo petrol offers a claimed fuel efficiency of 18.3kmpl.
- Rear Armrest Not Available In Any Sub-Rs. 10 Lakh Variants : The Venue facelift doesn’t offer a rear armrest in any of its sub-Rs. 10 lakh variants. None of these variants get rear adjustable headrests either as they are reserved for the top-spec variant only. While having a rear armrest helps enhance comfort for rear passengers, the lack of rear adjustable headrests in lower variants could be detrimental to safety of tall passengers.
- DCT Automatic Is Yet To Prove Its Reliability : DCT automatic transmissions never had a great reliability record in India’s hot climatic conditions. Making matters worse, the Venue makes use of a dry-clutch automatic that is more prone to heating and as a result, prone to excessive wear and tear.
- S (O) Variants Offer Poor Value-For-Money : The S (O) 1.2 and S (O) 1.0 variants offer poor value for money and lack a couple of must-have features. These features include rear armrest, rear adjustable headrests, auto AC and split rear seatbacks.
- No Diesel-Automatic Transmission Option : The new Venue doesn’t offer an option of a diesel-automatic transmission. Other sub-4m compact SUVs in the market like the Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300 offer diesel AMT options. The Kia Sonet, which shares its platform and powertrain with the Venue, also offers a torque converter automatic transmission with the diesel engine.
Hyundai Venue Competitors
Hyundai Venue Expert Reviews
If you’re wondering whether you should buy the Hyundai Venue turbo petrol or diesel,...
If you’re wondering whether you should buy the 2022 Hyundai Venue petrol or diesel,...
This article will give you a perspective of the engine specs like, displacement, power,...
17.00 - 22.70 kmplMileage
998 - 1493 ccEngine
Petrol, DieselFuel Type
5 SeaterSeat Capacity
Hyundai Venue Variants Explained
Hyundai Venue Related Videos
₹10.45 - ₹19.49 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹9.53 - ₹10.48 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.48 - ₹18.99 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹11.99 - ₹23.90 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.44 - ₹18.24 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.24 - ₹9.18 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.70 - ₹14.18 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.99 - ₹13.96 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.00 - ₹18.00 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹5.93 - ₹9.49 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.49 - ₹13.99 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹5.88 - ₹8.15 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.49 - ₹9.71 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹11.99 - ₹15.49 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹14.80 - ₹22.35 lakh**Ex-showroom price