India-Spec Jaguar I-Pace To Be Offered In 3 Variants
Jaguar debuted its first EV, the I-Pace, back in March 2018. Now two years later, the carmaker is planning to launch the e-SUV in India. Jaguar has listed the I-Pace on its India website and it will be available in three variants: S, SE and HSE.
Here is a detailed feature list:
Jaguar I-Pace S:
- 19-inch wheels
- LED headlamps
- 8-way semi-power-adjustable front seats
- 380W Meridian sound system
- Digital instrument cluster
- Dual-zone climate control
- A 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Auto-dimming IRVM
- Push-button start
- Ambient lighting
- Rain sensing wipers
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- 360-degree camera
- Cruise control
- Driver condition monitor
- Lower touchscreen for in-car functions
Jaguar I-Pace SE (over S):
- 12-way electrically adjustable front seats with power functions
- Premium LED headlamps with LED DRLs
- Powered tailgate.
Jaguar I-Pace HSE (Over SE):
- Matrix LED headlamps with DRLs
- Animated directional indicators
- 16-way electrically adjustable front seats
- 825W Meridian sound system
- Heads-up display
- Adaptive cruise control
The Jaguar I-Pace will be available with a single powertrain option (EV400 AWD) only. It gets two electric motors mounted on each axle. They have a combined power output of 400PS and 696Nm. It draws power from a 90kWh battery pack and has a top speed of 200kmph with a 0-100kmph time of 4.8 seconds. The I-Pace has a claimed range of up to 470km (WLTP cycle).
Although Jaguar India has not said anything about the launch of I-Pace but we expect it to happen by the end of 2020 or early 2021. Once launched, it will rival the Mercedes EQC, which will go on sale in India on 15 October 2020. It will also take on the upcoming Audi e-tron. American EV maker, Tesla, is also expected to enter India by 2021. In the global markets, the I-Pace also rivals the Tesla Model X.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
He is an automobile engineer who likes to write. A born Tifosi, he follows Formula 1 and likes to keep up with upcoming technologies in the world of cars.