Tata Promises 4 World Premiers, 12 Cars On Display At 2020 Auto Expo
Tata Motors has announced that it will showcase 4 never-seen-before car models at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo, which will commence on 5 Feb 2020. Alongside these 4 models, there will be 12 other cars on display. Tata is yet to reveal the names of the cars that will be on display at the Auto Expo.
We expect the carmaker to showcase the following 4 brand-new vehicles:
- Tata Gravitas: The Gravitas is the seven-seat version of the Tata Harrier. While it’s based on the Harrier, Tata has tweaked its cosmetics in order to give the upcoming SUV its unique identity. The Gravitas has been earlier showcased in the form of Buzzard concept.
- Tata H2X Production Version: Tata showcased concept of a small SUV -- H2X -- that will be positioned below the Nexon in the carmaker’s portfolio. The H2X based car is expected to launch in the next year or so, so we expect the carmaker to showcase its near-production model at this year’s auto expo.
- Electric Car concept
- Compact SUV concept (rumoured to be called Blackbird)
Apart from the 4 models listed above, Tata will also showcase 12 other cars at the Expo. These could be:
- 2020 Tata Nexon Facelift: The Tata Nexon EV has already previewed the Nexon facelift. We expect Tata to launch the 2020 Nexon at the upcoming Auto Expo. The refreshed version will be powered by BS6 petrol and diesel engines, and will also get an updated features list. Expect it to get a sunroof in the top variant, like the Nexon EV.
- Tata Harrier BS6: Tata has announced that January onwards, the carmaker will start introducing BS6 engines in its cars. We expect the Harrier to be displayed at the Auto Expo with a BS6 diesel engine under its hood.
- Tata Harrier Automatic BS6: Alongside the BS6 engine, Tata might also showcase the Harrier with an automatic transmission. Until now, the Harrier is available with a diesel-manual powertrain only. It remains to be seen whether the Harrier automatic will be launched at the Auto Expo, or just showcased.
- Tata Nexon EV: The Nexon EV will be launched in India in January 2020. It should be a part of Tata’s existing portfolio at the Auto Expo.
- Tata Nexon JTP Concept: Like Tata showcased Tigor and Tiago’s JTP versions at the Auto Expo earlier, the carmaker might showcase the 2020 Nexon’s more powerful JTP version this time around.
- Tata Altroz: The Altroz will be launched in January 2020, and should be a part of Tata’s show products at the Auto Expo.
- Tata Altroz EV: The Altroz EV has already been revealed and we know that it’s set to launch in India in the near future. Expect Tata to showcase the electric version of the hatchback along with its petrol and diesel versions.
- Tata Tigor (BS6): The Tigor will lose the diesel engine in BS6 era, and there will only be a petrol engine on offer. We expect it to be on display at the Auto Expo with a BS6 petrol engine.
- Tata Tiago (BS6): Like the Tigor, the BS6 Tiago should also be on display at the Auto Expo.
- Tata Tiago NRG (BS6): The Tiago’s rugged-looking counterpart, NRG, should also get a BS6 upgrade. We expect this version to make it to the Auto Expo along with its siblings.
- Tata Tiago JTP (BS6): The Tiago range will be incomplete if Tata showcases all the model and leaves out the JTP version. We expect the most powerful Tiago to get a BS6 powerplant and be present at the Auto Expo.
- Tata Tigor JTP (BS6): Along with the JTP versions of the Tiago and Nexon, there should also be the Tigor JTP in BS6 form.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
V3Cars Team is the India’s most reliable source of all new launched & upcoming car news, updates & reviews.