The All New SANTRO’ Launched At INR 3.89 Lakh
Hyundai Motors India Ltd has finally launched the much awaited all- new Santro in the Indian market. The 2018 hatchback has been launched at a starting price of Rs 3.89 Lakh (ex- showroom, Delhi) and goes up to Rs 5.45 Lakh (ex- showroom, Delhi) for the top- spec variant. Termed as ‘Hyundai’s R&D Innovation in Modern Mobility’, the new Santro is claimed to be a perfect combination of Six Pillars - Modern Stylish Tall Boy Design, Comfortable & Premium Cabin, New Age Technology, Customer Centric Safety, All Round Performance and Complete Peace of Mind by the manufacturer.
Commenting on the launch, Y K Koo, MD & CEO, HMIL said, “Today is a Historic moment as we announce the ‘World Premiere of The All New SANTRO’. The SANTRO is an iconic and legendary brand in India that has won the hearts of Millions of customers for last two decades. The magic of SANTRO continues with The All New SANTRO receiving overwhelming response in less than two weeks. With Modern Stylish Tall Boy Design, Comfortable & Premium Cabin, New Age Technology, Customer Centric Safety, All Round Performance and Complete Peace of Mind, the All New SANTRO will set a new benchmark in modern mobility. The All New SANTRO is a true example of Hyundai’s Made-in-India philosophy and a shining result of our numerous Product Clinics and Rigorous Durability test on various terrains in India. Our R&D Centre in Namyang (S. Korea), Chennai and Hyderabad have put strong efforts for Product Supremacy and utmost Customer Delight.”
1. Modern Stylish Tallboy Design: Measuring 3,610 mm in length, 1,645 mm in width, 1,560 mm in height and 2,400 mm in wheelbase, the 2018 Santro comes based on the new design language ‘Dynamic Tension’. The exterior of the hatchback offers Hyundai’s signature Cascade Grille with chrome surround with uniquely positioned Fog lamps projecting wide, sporty and aggressive stance, the bonnet gets strong character lines with Hyundai logo and Swept back headlamps and First- in- Segment Micro Antenna, Dynamic Z Shaped Character lines at the side profile, while the rear gets stylish tail lamps and sporty dual tone rear bumper with reflectors.
2. Comfortable & Premium Cabin: Like the exterior, the interior of the all- new Santro also offers higher seating position for easy ingress and egress, and Superior All Round Visibility along with ample headroom and shoulder room. The features include dual- tone Beige and Black interiors with Champagne Gold inserts, the driver centric and ergonomically positioned front centre console, elephant inspired centre fascia, easy to access ergonomically placed audio, centrally positioned power window switches and AC controls, Unique front design AC Vents inspired from Propeller design for sporty feel, superior AC Performance along with First-in Segment Rear AC Vents at the rear passengers seat. The cabin also offers cushioned seats and multiple storage spaces as well as practical trunk of 235 litres.
3. New Age Technology: Not only the design and comfort features, the 2018 Hyundai Santro also offers new age technology features as well as several segment- first features including segment first 17.64 cm Touch Screen Audio Video System equipped with First- in- Segment Smart phone connectivity - Android Auto, Apple Car Play & Mirror Link and Voice Recognition Function along with iblue Smartphone App Support. Also, the screen is supported with First- in- Segment Rear Parking Camera display. Other than these, the First- in-Segment Eco Coating Technology prevents unpleasant smell to develop in the AC Evaporator by degrading the micro-organisms developed in the AC Evaporator Core and ensures odour free and fresh air for a comfortable and pleasant journey, while the rear defogger along with rear wiper and washer helps to enhance rear visibility during winters and rainy season for a safe and trouble free ride. Other features include Front & Rear Power Windows, Remote Keyless Entry, Outside Rear View Mirror (ORVM) with Electrical Adjustment, Day & Night Inside Rear View Mirror (IRVM) and USB port & 12 V Power Outlet.
4. Customer Centric Safety: Strong Body Structure: Under the Hyundai ‘Safe Drive Philosophy’, the automaker boasts Advanced Safety System featuring Superior K1 Platform along with application of 63% Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) with High Strength Steel (HSS), helping the new Santro achieve prominent Static & Dynamic stiffness with improved structural connectivity. Meeting the Pedestrian Safety norm, lower stiffener is applied to front crash beam to improve on the pedestrian safety. Additionally, standard ABS with EBD, Impact sensing Auto Door Unlock (First- in- Segment), Rear Parking Sensors, Speed sensing Auto door lock and Driver’s Airbag has been offered for complete safety.;
5. All Round Performance: Mechanically, the newly launched Hyundai Santro comes equipped with 4-Cylinder 1.1 Litre Petrol engine offering 68 bhp of power and 99 Nm of peak torque mated with option of MT and in- house developed Smart Auto AMT transmissions. It is the first Hyundai model to offer in-house developed Smart Auto AMT technology in the Hyundai product line- up. The manufacturer has also offer factory fitted CNG that is 60 L water equivalent. The engine with CNG produces 58 bhp of maximum power and 84 Nm of torque. The ARAI certified fuel efficiency returned by the hatchback with MT and AMT is 20.3 Kmpl, while it returns 30.48 km/ kg with CNG.
6. Complete Peace of Mind: The car has been offered with a number of benefits such as –
· 3 Years / 100,000 kms Warranty & 3 Years Road Side Assistance (Best- in- Segment)
· Lowest Cost of Maintenance (Best- in- Segment)
· Know your SANTRO Program
· Assured Same Day Service Delivery
· Service at your Doorstep
The hatchback will be available in array of 7 exterior colors including 2 new colors - Imperial Beige and Diana Green, while the interior offers two color tones to choose from- Premium Beige with Champagne Gold inserts and Sporty All Black Interiors with Diana Green color inserts based on exterior colors. The 2018 Hyundai Santro takes against the likes of the Maruti Wagon R, Maruti Celerio, Renault Kwid and Tata Tiago. Stay tuned to V3cars.com for further updates.
The Ex-Showroom price details for 2018 all- new Santro has been mentioned below:
(Petrol Engine with 5 MT)
(With CNG- 5 MT)
(Petrol Engine with AMT)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A diverse bilingual (English and Hindi) Copywriter and Content Creator based in New Delhi, India. With a degree in Journalism, I always had an inclination towards writing.
As a writer, I have worked on content related to automobile, technology, travel, lifestyle, photography and many more.