Mahindra Scorpio-N Pros & Cons
Check out pros and cons about the Mahindra Scorpio-N that are worth highlighting for a potential buyer. Here are some of the highlights of the benefits of buying the Mahindra Scorpio-N. We’ll also list out the Scorpio-N drawbacks to help you make an informed buying decision.
- Class-Leading Dimensions With Impressive Road Presence : Mahindra Scorpio N comes with class-leading dimensions and impressive presence on the road. Despite rivaling C-segment 3-row SUVs in terms of price, the Scorpio N is wider and taller than the Toyota Fortuner. Additionally, the Scorpio N is also bigger than the Tata Safari in every dimension.
- Only 3-row D1-Segment SUV With Ladder-On-Frame And 4WD : Mahindra Scorpio N is the only SUV with a ladder frame construction in the C and D1 SUVsegment. its arch rival, the 2nd gen Tata Safari, is based on a monocoque chassis while the Toyota Innova Crysta doesn’t fall in the SUV category. Additionally, the Scorpio N is the only SUV in its segment to offer 4-wheel-drive with a low-range gearbox. The Mahindra XUV700 and other C-segment SUVs offer more road-biased all-wheel-drive drivetrains.
- Available In 4 Powertrain Options : Mahindra offer the Scorpio N with four powertrain options - 2.0L turbo petrol with manual, 2.0L turbo petrol with automatic, 2.2L turbo diesel with manual and 2.2L turbo diesel with automatic. Additionally, the diesel variants of the Scorpio N carry a premium of Rs. 50,000 over the corresponding petrol variants.
- Most-Powerful Petrol D1-Segment SUV : Mahindra Scorpio N is the most powerful petrol SUV in C- and D1-segment of SUVs. Its 2.0L turbo petrol engine produces 203PS of power and 370Nm of torque with the 6-speed manual and 380Nm of torque with the 6-speed automatic transmission.
- 4-Wheel-Drive Available With Manual And Automatic Variants : Mahindra offer the new Scorpio N 4-wheel-drive with both manual and automatic transmissions. The only other SUV in the segment that offers 4-wheel-drive is the Mahindra XUV700. However, the 4-wheel-drive option in the XUV700 is only available with the automatic transmission.
- Unconventional Launch Sequence : In a typical car launch, the manufacturer commences bookings ahead of the launch and deliveries. In the Scorpio N’s case, Mahindra decided to announce the prices of only the manual 2-wheel-drive variants and announced that bookings would commence from July 30. While this practice creates more hype around the product, it does leave potential buyers in a tough spot as it makes it difficult to select a variant and drivetrain based on their budget.
- 6-Seater Option Not Available In Lower Variants : Mahindra do not offer the Scorpio N 6-seater in any of its lower variants. Only the Z8L variant of the Scorpio N offers the option of captain seats. Additionally, the 6-seater variants are only available with 2-wheel-drive manual and automatic variants.
- Poor Distribution Of Features : The Mahindra Scoprio N comes with a poor segregation of features across all of its variants. For instance, the mid-spec Z6 variant misses out on automatic climate control, LED projector headlamps, side and curtain airbags, chrome grille and tyre pressure monitoring system. Additionally, only the Z8L 4WD AT comes with a wireless phone charger whereas no variant of the diesel manual Scorpio N comes with alloy wheels, save for Z8L.
- Low Fuel Efficiency Of Turbo Petrol : With all that power and weight of the body-on-frame Mahindra Scorpio N, we expect it to deliver poor fuel efficiency. Mahindra have not revealed the fuel efficiency of any of the Scorpio N’s variants and we expect them to stand below segment standards.
- No Drive Modes And 4WD With Turbo Petrol : Unlike the Thar, the Mahindra Scorpio N misses out on the 4-wheel-drive option with the turbo petrol engine. Additionally, Mahindra neither offer a locking rear differential with the Scorpio N nor the multi-drive modes, which the Scorpio N diesel offers.
Mahindra Scorpio-N Competitors
Mahindra Scorpio-N Expert Reviews
In this Mahindra Scorpio-N engine review, we’ll explain what it’s like to...
In this Mahindra Scorpio-N interior review, we’ll explain the new Scorpio-N’s...
In this Mahindra Scorpio-N exterior review, we’ll explain the Scorpio-N’s...
This article will give you a perspective of the engine specs, like displacement, power,...
1990 - 2179 ccEngine
Diesel, PetrolFuel Type
7 SeaterSeat Capacity
Mahindra Scorpio-N Variants Explained
Mahindra Scorpio-N Related Videos
₹10.45 - ₹19.65 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹9.53 - ₹10.48 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.48 - ₹19.49 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.84 - ₹19.13 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹8.19 - ₹14.04 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.80 - ₹14.30 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.44 - ₹9.31 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.00 - ₹9.54 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.00 - ₹18.00 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.68 - ₹13.11 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.56 - ₹9.83 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹9.99 - ₹16.29 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹5.98 - ₹8.25 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.49 - ₹13.99 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹11.99 - ₹15.49 lakh**Ex-showroom price