2021 Kia Seltos & Sonet Launch Next Month
Kia has confirmed that it will launch the updated versions of the Seltos and Sonet in India next month. Don’t confuse these with facelifts as these will be just MY 2021 updates with minor feature additions and refreshed variant lineup. Here is all we know about the changes made to the MY 2021 cars.
Let’s start with the Kia Sonet. Here are the new additions as per the leaked information:
- A new HTX variant with 7DCT petrol and 6AT diesel.
- Paddle shifters on GTX+ and HTX automatic variants.
- Hill launch assist, brake assist, electronic stability control on HTX and HTX+ variants. Earlier, these features were limited to the top-spec GTX+ variant only
- Electric sunroof on the HTK+ variant (only on the iMT variant)
- Push-button start with remote start/stop on HTK+ variant (only on 1.0-litre turbo petrol and 1.5-litre diesel variants)
- Dual-tone alloy wheels on the HTX variant. Earlier, they were limited to the HTX+ and GTX+ variants only.
- Keyless entry on HTK+ variant (only on 1.2L petrol variant)
- Traction control and multiple driving modes on HTX automatic variants (7DCT petrol and 6AT diesel).
- Rear sunshade curtain for HTX variant.
Coming to the Seltos, the only change that is expected to make way to the Seltos is the introduction of a 6-speed iMT with both the petrol engines.
The Seltos is offered with two petrol engine options: a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine (115PS/144Nm) and a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine (140PS/242Nm). Currently, both the engines are offered with a 6-speed manual transmission as standard with an option of CVT and 7-speed DCT with 1.5-litre and 1.4-litre turbo engines, respectively. Kia might discontinue the option of 6-speed MT with the 1.4-litre turbo engine with the introduction of the 6-speed iMT.
Prices of the 2021 Sonet are expected to start at a slight premium, courtesy of small feature additions. It currently retails from Rs 6.79 lakh to Rs 13.09 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Coming to the Seltos, the iMT variants are expected to be priced at a premium of around Rs 1 lakh over the manual transmission variants.