Interior Dashboard And Teaser Video Out For 2020 Skoda Vision IN SUV
2020 Skoda Vision IN compact SUV teaser video and interior dashboard sketch revealed ahead of the Auto Expo 2020 debut.
The video just flashes around various the car’s exterior for the most part. But there are a few details it reveals. Take a look at the video here:
Here are the features you can spot in the video teaser of the Skoda Vision IN:
- Full-colour LCD instrument console
- Crystal ice Skoda logo on the bonnet
- Crystal ornament on the dashboard
- SOS option to call for emergencies in case of an accident
The SOS option also suggests that it might get connected car features. Other than that, the crystalline touches point to a premium positioning compared to other compact SUVs like the Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta. The full-colour instrument console is also a new tech for this class of SUVs.
Just a day after releasing the video, Skoda also revealed the official interior and dashboard sketch. That unlocks a few clues as well. Here’s what it reveals:
- Crystal ornament in the centre of the dashboard
- New design for the well-contoured, flat-bottom steering wheel
- Scroll-type controls along with buttons on steering wheel
- Clean and uncluttered layout for the steering wheel-mounted controls
- Cruise control
- Lane-keep assist / lane-departure warning function on steering wheel
- Voice command features
- 2 touch panels - 1 touchscreen for infotainment and 1 panel for climate control - could be another screen or similar to Honda’s touch-based controls seen in the Honda City
- Centrally-mounted console double-decker layout
- Automatic transmission lever on the upper deck of the centre console along with touch-based automatic AC controls
- Flat storage on the lower deck - possibly with wireless phone charging capabilities
- A split front centre armrest
- Storage spots in the doors with speaker housings
The crystalline touches like dashboard ornament and logo on the bonnet seem to add to the core theme of the car. The double-decker layout is a fresh design touch. And the automatic transmission lever on the upper deck is another unique idea. A touch-based control system for the automatic AC is not as ergonomically sound as the physical controls with tactile feedback. However, we hope that the voice command button will make it easier to change the AC temperature or fan speed without requiring the driver to take the eyes off the road.
The cruise control is an expected feature in a compact SUV but the placement of cruise control on the steering wheel is new for Skoda cars. They normally have the cruise control buttons on the stalks behind the wheel. Above that is what looks like a lane-keep assist / lane-departure warning button. If this stays in the final production model of the Vision IN, then that will certainly become a first for any car under Rs. 30.0 lakh.
The Skoda Vision IN is about as long as the Hyundai Creta but smaller than the Kia Seltos. Considering the upmarket design approach and premium touches, it looks like Skoda may position it at as a more expensive alternative to the rest of the compact SUVs.