10 Differences between the new updated Skoda Rapid and the old model
The new updated Skoda Rapid flaunts a striking all-new fascia with a new bold butterfly shaped grille. The older model’s curvy front bumper, small air dam and traditional round fog lamps have been replaced by a new sporty front bumper with prominent lines, new larger air dam featuring honeycomb grille and new horizontal fog lights.
The Skoda Rapid premium sedan has just received a major facelift which makes it more distinctive and amazingly more premium than before.
Check out the 10 differences between the new refreshed Skoda Rapid and the outgoing model to ascertain the improvements of the new model:
- The outgoing Rapid had a more conventional front façade with a petite U-shaped radiator grille with a chrome slat. The new updated Skoda Rapid flaunts a striking all-new fascia with a new bold butterfly shaped grille. The older model’s curvy front bumper, small air dam and traditional round fog lamps have been replaced by a new sporty front bumper with prominent lines, new larger air dam featuring honeycomb grille and new horizontal fog lights.
- The outgoing Rapid has slightly larger sweptback headlights with integrated turn blinkers. The new facelift model gets newly styled sleeker and sharper projector headlights with LED DRLs.
- The older model’s character lines were not impressive which made the model appeal conventional and slightly boring. The refreshed new Skoda Rapid also flaunts its maker’s fascinating Crystalline design language and gets bolder character lines running all along the hood and the side profile.
- The new facelift model comes endowed with new stylish wing mirrors with integrated turn signals, which were absent in the outgoing Rapid.
- The new updated Rapid is longer than its predecessor by 27 mm, which makes it offer better interior space.
- The older version of the sedan offered dual-tone interior scheme in dull brown/beige and lacked premium finesse. The new model comes with more attractive, up-market interiors with better styling and finish. It offers a more attractive dual-tone black/beige color scheme, leather seat covers and lots of chrome accents.
- The updated Skoda Rapid model comes with two new colour choices - Silk Blue and Flash Red.
- The older Skoda lacked infotainment system, cooled glove box and many more premium features. Whereas, the facelift model offers great new added features including a new 6.5 inch color touchscreen integrated 'Drive' Central Infotainment System with MirrorLink support, cooled glove box, Climatronic Technology, Rain Sensing Wipers and electrically foldable ORVMs.
- The new facelift Skoda Rapid diesel version is powered by the updated 1.5L TDI diesel motor that is tuned to offer a better power figure of 108 bhp and 250 Nm of peak torque. This engine offered 103 bhp in the outgoing Rapid.
- The facelift Rapid has become slightly more fuel efficient as well and its petrol AT model offers a fuel efficiency of 14.84kmpl and 15.41kml in the MT model, while the diesel AT offers a mileage of 21.72kmpl and 21.13kmpl in the MT trim. The older model offered a mileage of 14.3kmpl in the petrol AT model and 15kmpl in the MT trim, while offering 21.66kmpl in the diesel AT model and 21.14kmpl in the Diesel MT model.
The new more premium and stylish Skoda Rapid costs dearer and has a price range of Rs. 8.27 to 12.67 lakhs, while the older model priced between Rs. 7.94 and Rs. 12.19 lakh (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi).;
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
V3Cars Team is the India’s most reliable source of all new launched & upcoming car news, updates & reviews.