Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Orders In Days After Launch
Hyundai has received 120 bookings for its first EV in India, the Kona Electric. The count of bookings is not much by any ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicle standard, but we can consider it substantial for a long-range EV of the size of Kona (which is smaller than the Creta) that is priced at Rs 25.3 lakh.
Interesting read: Hyundai working on small electric car with 200km range
The Kona EV is available in 15 dealerships in 11 cities, and the dealerships will not only sell the electric car, but will assist buyers in setting up basic infrastructure for charging Kona Electric at home. The Kona EV comes with two types of chargers -- a 7.2kW charger that can add 50km range to the car in an hour and a 3-point charger that can add as many kilometers in 3 hours. Hyundai claims 452km of range (ARAI) for the Kona Electric.
The Kona Electric is the first long-range EV in India. The next such electric vehicle will be the MG ZS Electric, which is expected to be launched by the end of 2019. Read the official press release below for more details.
Hyundai KONA Electric Strikes First Century in India (0-120 in Just 10 Days)
- 120 Bookings in Just 10 Days of India Launch
- Received 10,000 Test Drive Customer Requests
- Available in 15 Dealerships in 11 Cities
- 15,000 Happy Customers in Global Markets Since April 2018
New Delhi, July 19, 2019: Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL), India’s first smart mobility solutions provider and the number one car exporter since inception has received an Electrifying Response to India’s First Fully Electric Long Range Green SUV KONA Electric with 120 Confirmed Customer Bookings post its India launch on July 9, 2019.
Commenting on the Hyundai KONA Electric bookings, Mr. Vikas Jain, National Sales Head, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, “We have received an electrifying response to India’s First Long Range Green SUV – KONA Electric with 120 Confirmed Bookings in just 10 days of its launch expressing the Indian customers’ acceptance to high end future technologies offered by Hyundai. The digital enquires and footfall at our dealerships have increased as the customers are excited to experience Electric cars. The change of perception and adaptability is clearly visible as there is huge interest and request for test drives.”
“KONA Electric is a proven and award winning Global Electric SUV creating new benchmarks in Clean mobility since its global launch in April 2018. Our overall goal is to offer an SUV with long range and high performance with fun to drive quotient to our Indian customers”, he added.
Hyundai KONA Electric is a truly global SUV with 15,000 customers worldwide. Launched on July 9, 2019 in India; Hyundai KONA Electric is also present in key markets of Canada, USA, Europe, Russia, Korea and Australia.
Success Stories of Hyundai KONA Electric
- KONA Electric tested in Swedish Lapland’s Extreme Cold Conditions ( -30°C)
- A High Range Global SUV – 452 Kilometers in Full Charge (ARAI)
- 15,000 KONA Electric Customers in world markets since April 2018
- Battery Life Cycle of KONA Electric ia more than 2000 Cycles & Industry Warranty Period of 8 Years 160,000
- KONA Electric recognized for world-class powertrain technologies at the 2019 Wards Auto 10 Best Engine competition. The recognition highlights the compelling powertrains achieved through sophisticated fuel-efficient architecture and performance of the engines.