Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Pros & Cons
Check out pros and cons about the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder that are worth highlighting for a potential buyer. Here are some of the highlights of the benefits of buying the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder. We’ll also list out the Urban Cruiser Hyryder drawbacks to help you make an informed buying decision.
Urban Cruiser Hyryder Advantanges
- Only C-Segment SUV With 4-Wheel-Drive : Toyota offer the Urban Cruiser Hyryder with a 4-wheel-drive option. The 4-wheel-drive is available only with the 1.5L mild-hybrid Petrol manual powertrain. Additionally, the Urban Cruiser Hyryder also offers snow and sport drive modes with a 4-wheel-drive lock mode as well.
- Segment-Best Fuel-Efficiency And Reliability : Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder hybrid is the most fuel-efficient SUV in the country, alongside its Japanese sibling, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara. The Hyryder hybrid offers a claimed fuel efficiency of 27.97kmpl. In addition to that, Toyota boast the experience of making hybrid sedans and SUVs for over 2 decades means we can expect the Urban Cruiser Hyryder to offer great long-term reliability.
- Long List Of Features With Strong-Hybrid Variants : Toyota have offered most of the feel-good features of the Urban Cruiser Hyryder in the strong hybrid variants. These include tyre pressure monitoring system, ventilated seats, rear disc brakes, wireless phone charger, panoramic sunroof, full-colour LCD instrument cluster, head-up display, telematics, LED projector headlamps, 360-degree camera, 6 airbags, ambient lighting and illuminated boot, glovebox and footwell area.
- Well-Equipped Base Variant : The base variant of the Urban Cruiser Hyryder comes with a good set of features like projector headlamps, vehicle stability control, hill-hold control, chrome inside door handles, front sliding armrest, automatic climate control, adjustable headrests and tilt & telescopic steering.
Urban Cruiser Hyryder Disadvantanges
- 17-Inch Wheels With Mild-Hybrid Petrol May Affect Performance : The Urban Cruiser Hyryder comes with 17-inch wheels as standard across all variants, with both mild-hybrid and strong hybrid powertrain options. The 17-inch wheels could impact the overall driveability and performance because of high rotating mass, especially with the less powerful mild-hybrid powertrain.
- Feel-Good Features Only Offered With Strong Hybrid Variants : The Urban Cruiser Hyryder comes with multiple feel-good features but most of them are on offer only with the strong hybrid variants. These features include tyre pressure monitoring system, ventilated front seats, wireless phone charger, puddle lamps and colour LCD for instrument cluster.
- Missing Features By Segment Standards : The Urban Cruiser Hyryder lacks a few features that its key rivals offer. The missing features include powered driver seat, autonomous driving assistance systems and rain-sensing wipers.
- No Diesel, Turbo Petrol Or 6-Speed Manual Transmission Option : The Urban Cruiser Hyryder doesn’t come with a diesel engine option but its strong hybrid powertrain compensates for that. However, the rivals of the Hyryder offer more powerful turbo petrol engines for enthusiasts whereas the Hyryder comes with normal petrol engines. In addition to that, the mild-hybrid powertrain of the Hyryder comes with a 5-speed manual transmission whereas its rivals offer 6-speed manual transmission.
- Poor Boot Space In Strong Hybrid Variants : The boot space in the hybrid variants of the Urban Cruiser Hyryder is even lower than B1-segment hatchbacks like Maruti Suzuki Swift. Making things worse, even the mild-hybrid variants compromise on boot space with the smallest boot among all other rivals.
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Competitors
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Expert Reviews
If you’re wondering whether you should buy the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder mild...
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Hybrid, Mild Hybrid Petrol Engine Specifications, Mileage, Power, Torque
This article will give you a perspective of the engine specs, like displacement, power,...
20.58 - 27.97 kmplMileage
1462 - 1490 ccEngine
Petrol, Hybrid, CNGFuel Type
5 SeaterSeat Capacity
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Variants Explained
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Related Videos
₹10.45 - ₹19.65 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹9.53 - ₹10.48 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹12.74 - ₹24.05 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.84 - ₹19.13 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹8.19 - ₹14.04 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.80 - ₹14.30 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.44 - ₹9.31 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.00 - ₹9.54 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹10.00 - ₹18.00 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.68 - ₹13.11 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹6.56 - ₹9.83 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹9.99 - ₹16.29 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹5.98 - ₹8.25 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹7.49 - ₹13.99 lakh**Ex-showroom price
₹11.99 - ₹15.49 lakh**Ex-showroom price